Sunday, July 25, 2010

God Speaks Through Bread

By De'Etta Goecker

I've been praying for a rainy day so I could get some bread baked.

I've prayed all week, "God, give us a small break, so I can bake bread before we run out." The break hasn't come.

This morning I took out our last mini-loaf. It was a hot and humid morning. It was hot after chapel at 0900. It was HOT after Sunday brunch. It was HOT all the way home...until we crossed the Log Cabin Pachinko/Circle K intersection about a mile from our home. In the middle of the intersection there were PUDDLES and LOTS of rain....and it poured out by us. POURED....very cool.

 I did NOT feel like baking bread when God supplied a break in the weather. I had just enough time to take a much needed nap before heading back to chapel to help transform our sanctuary into a Pirate's ship in the ocean. 

 I'd been PRAYING for this all week...."Just a quick break, God, so I can bake before I run out of bread." I couldn't forget, I'd ASKED GOD FOR A BREAK in the weather. Not to take a nap or get a breather from the heat, but to BAKE BREAD.


I baked...and I pondered how often I pray for God's intervention, and am napping when He provides the answer.....

Wake me up, God....Give me a constant dose of Holy Spirit inspired No Doze.

No comments: